Your sleep set has been designed to provide many years of virtually maintenance free service. By following a few simple rules, you can help to assure that it remains the comfortable investment in your wellbeing that it was on the day of purchase.
- Ask your retailer for advice about properly moving your new mattress and foundation into your home. Improper installation can damage your new sleep set.
- Use the matching foundation designed specifically for your mattress for proper mattress support. A stable, flexible support will add years to the life of the mattress.
- Use a premium quality mattress pad to protect the sleep surface – it can add comfort and is a small investment in protecting the mattress from spills and other foreign materials.
- Use a metal bed frame or a metal support system with a headboard and footboard. A metal center support is a must for King and Queen sizes. If you choose to use something else, be sure that it is sturdy and won’t allow the foundation to bend or twist.
- Don’t bend your mattress under any circumstance. This could result in permanent damage to the innerspring unit (if equipped) or could disalign components, impairing functionality.
- Use your mattress for sleeping, resting, and other similar purposes. It isn’t a trampoline, nor a ladder. Jumping and climbing will ultimately cause harm and can be dangerous.
- Don’t try to lift the mattress using the handles – they are there to help position the mattress, not to support its entire weight.
- Vacuuming is the only recommended way to clean a mattress. A quality, washable mattress pad will help keep the sleep set free from stains. If you are determined to tackle a stain, use mild soap with cold water and rub lightly. Don’t ever soak a mattress or foundation.